Being involved in a vehicular accident is never a pleasant experience. However, it can be a particularly difficult and tragic experience when it is a direct result of an auto defect. This is especially true with vehicles and drives affected by brake defects. No matter the cause of the brake defect it is important to note that many brake defect accidents have dire consequences. Read DL Moveable Feast for more information.
By knowing what the common result of an auto accident related to defective brakes is, you are better able to take steps for the protection of yourself and those you care about.
Defective Brake Accidents
When brake proves defective it is likely they will simply fail to work. This can happen suddenly or over time, and it can be caused by a number of means. However, when it does happen it is likely those involved with experience some or all of the following:
- Inability to control the vehicle, such as a loss of braking or stopping abilities
- Unexpected collision with others on the road, such as other drivers or pedestrians
- Serious property damage, be it to cars, structures, or city property
- Severe mental trauma
- Emotional suffering
- Serious physical injuries and resulting pain
- Need for costly medical and recovery treatments
- Wrongful death
If you or someone you love has experienced any of the above, it is imperative those responsible for the hardship are held accountable for the hurt they have caused. This can be done through legal actions, making it imperative you seek the counsel of a practiced and knowledgeable attorney.